|Home || Bible-calculator || About-Help-Contact || Learning || Reliability Testing || Updates|
The book of Revelation, when written, finalized the revealed Word of God, which we know today as the Bible. The book of Revelation itself, in its closing verses, declares a limit and a curse-- no more words were to be added to God's written record (the Bible), consisting of this book, and all 65 previously-written books and letters-- lest one receive the plagues found within the Bible.
John the apostle wrote the book of Revelation while on the Greek island of Patmos. There is somewhat general agreement that this occurred in the year 95 AD.
It is proposed here that the actual date of his vision may have been April 3, 95 AD.
Circumstantial evidence to support this date includes:
1. April 3, 95 AD was a Sunday.
In Revelation 1:10 we read:
Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Thus Scripture requires the date to be a Sunday ("the Lord's day"). Unimportant is the fact that the book likely required more than one day to write down. Indeed, the vision itself occurred on, or at least began on, a Sunday.
2. Sixty-two years earlier was 4-3-33 AD: Resurrection Sunday, the first of the new sabbaths. The date 4-3-95 represents the Lord's day both as a Sunday, and as an anniversary.
3. Both 33 and 95 AD are of the same year-type (type G, one of 14 year-types)-- a non-leap year where 1-1 falls on a Saturday. Some prominent years of type G:
4. A timespan of 700,000 days exists from Sunday, 4-3-95 to Sunday, 10-16-2011. This will be the very last Sunday the world will ever experience, before time ends and the world is destroyed by fire, five days later, on Friday, 10-21-2011.
This 700,000-day interval therefore spans from the Sunday of the Revelation of the end... to the Sunday at the End itself; with an intervening span based on seven-- reminiscent of the seven days in Genesis: from Warning to Flood.
For perspective on the rarity of 100,000-day intervals, know that they occur only once every 273 years.
5. The distances to neighboring century marks are:
1-1- 1 AD - 4-3- 95 AD = 34425 not incl = 3^4 x 5^2 x 17 = 153 x 15^2 4-3-95 AD - 1-1-101 AD = 2100 inclFor an explanation of the propriety of studying dayspans between important events and "benchmark" dates peculiar to the Gregorian calendar (i.e., beginning of year, decade, century, or millennia) see the study Further Validation of Gregorian Dating on this website.
6. The interval of 62 years can be associated with lunar activity in at least two ways.
While neither provides the ability to link the dates 4-3-33 and 4-3-95, these two synchronicities create curiosity over the interval of 62 years.
1.) 62 years = ~55 full moon cycles
1 x (full moon cycle) = 411.78443029 days (~1 year, 47 days) 4-3-33 AD - 4-3-95 AD = 22645.00000000 days (62 years exactly) 55 x (full moon cycle) = 22648.14366595 days (62 years + 3.14366595 days)2.) 62 years = ~7 precessions of lunar orbit
(This precession is a 360-degree rotation of the orientation of the Moon's elliptical orbit around the Earth, using distant stars to define completion.)
1 precession, lunar orbit = 3232.60544213 days (~8 years, 311 days) 4-3-33 AD - 4-3-95 AD = 22645.00000000 days (62 years exactly) 7 precessions, lunar orbit = 22620.63942989 days (62 years, minus 24.36057011 days)
4-3-33 AD - 4-1-95 AD = 22644 incl = 153 x 37 x 4 = 666 x 17 x 2 4-3-33 AD - 4-3-95 AD = 22646 incl = 13^2 x 134 = 13^2 x (50 + 84)
→Chapter 11: The Odd Timing of Various Latter-Day Disasters
John O'Leary / Biblecalculator.com